Let's look first at what I set out to do:
- I promised to post more material from Buzz. Sorry, haven't got round to it.
- I called for more reviews of Parchment's work and indeed found an intriguing blog review of Shamblejam. And there were features on one or two of the band's songs.
- I wanted to continue to find out about the Grapevine label and its artists - and yes, that enjoyable search has carried on.
- I wanted to know more about Trinity Folk, the first incarnation of Parchment. Maybe one or two clues emerged but there's still a story waiting to be told.
- And then there was Roundabout 2008, part of Liverpool's year of European culture. We completely missed the long awaited reunion in July, which featured the Rycroft cousins, and I see we've missed a couple more events in the autumn and another chance to hear Keith Rycroft perform.
As I said at the outset of this blog, it's a hobby, fitted into the corners of my life. Nevertheless I hope it continues to encourage others the way it encourages me. It's got going over the last couple of years because people have joined in and shared their memories, their love of the music that has emanated from Parchment and the musicians associated with the band and even how it may help point to God.
Next: so what did we get up to in 2008 and how did I managed to find 28 postings about an obscure band that folded 30 years ago?
Happy New Year and I hope it's even better than yesterday!